There is a trend spreading across the nation, one that speaks to the wanderers of the road. Perhaps it is something you have even considered yourself, but you’re afraid to do it or don’t know how.
Yes, people across the nation are taking their life on the road and creating tiny homes within their vehicles. But not just any vehicle. Many are choosing large vans, trucks, and SUVs as their little homes. And we’re here to tell you, that the 2017 Hyundai Tucson is the perfect vehicle among many to build your tiny and temporary home for the road. We will tell you how to make the most of your SUV and include some spontaneity in your life.
Your back seat is your own cozy nook, your driver’s seat is the helm, and you can choose whoever is your copilot, whether it be a significant other or a best friend.
So how can you convert that 2017 Hyundai Tucson into the perfect mini camper for you and your bestie especially in these winter months? We’re going to give you a few tips to help you get started on an exciting adventure. Of course, you certainly don’t have to do this long-term although people have decided to and loved it.
- Make sure you have a vehicle with seats that lie flat or seats that can be removed Nothing it more uncomfortable than trying to find your comfy spot in a back seat full of bumps.
- Elevate your bed to include storage space. There are some smart people out there creating storage space underneath their bed space by building a bed stand. This frees up a little space underneath so you can store clothes, food items, extra blankets and anything else you need. If you don’t have the extra space underneath, invest in a Thule to save some space in your sleeping area.
- Don’t skimp on comfort. Choose a mattress that is durable and comfortable, nothing inflatable. If you want to get a good night’s sleep, better choose the comfier bed.
- Insulate your windows to keep the cold out and the heat in. This can even be used during the summer months to keep your vehicle nice and cool. The other added benefit of insulating your vehicle is that your windows will be covered to keep the peepers out.
- As for showering? That’s what gyms are for! Humans can get gross so it’s important to keep good hygiene, especially in small living spaces. Become a member of a gym you can visit anywhere in the US. Most of them allow you into the gym if you are a member in another city or state. The YMCA is one of them and allows you to use their showers for a small fee.
- Make sure you have a few different backups and alternatives for charging your devices. Try not to use up your car battery. You may want to try something similar to a solar powered charger, something you can charge during the day and use at night.
- Park in places that wouldn’t cause you to draw attention, or simply pick a campground. Rest Areas are great places. You wouldn’t want to get in trouble for where you park during your little adventure.
- Do more research! There are hundreds of people out there who have made this their lifestyle and are professionals at it.
For the most trusted vehicles on the road, equipped for any adventure you can desire, choose Hyundai at Motor City. We have a variety of vehicles in our online inventory that are perfect for any adventure you desire and at affordable prices! Are you a fellow tiny homes traveler? Leave your comments and suggestions below!